November 23rd, 2016
HR Compliance Audits
These comprehensive audits, which are customized to meet the unique needs of our clients, are typically performed within two days (or less), and can include analyses of the employer’s processes for complying with laws and standards relating to the following areas:
- The recruiting and application process
- Compensation schemes (whether they comply with the pertinent wage and hour laws affecting exempt and non-exempt employees, and whether they comply with the non-discrimination requirements of the Equal Pay Act and Title VII)
- Posting and record keeping requirements under all employment laws
- Effective policy compliance (anti-discrimination, harassment, retaliation; FMLA; safety; e-mail and Internet use; solicitation and distribution)
- Performance appraisals and the instruments used to conduct them
- Disciplinary and discharge procedures.
Upon completion, the employer is provided with a detailed report which discusses the results of the audit; assesses the degree to which the employer is complying with all labor and employment relations statutes at the local, state, and federal levels; and identifies HR components which may require adjustment or realignment.