November 23rd, 2016
Wage and Hour Compliance Program
This detailed training session is geared to human resources, payroll, and administrative employees who oftentimes face novel questions concerning employee compensation. Our half-day program analyzes Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, and covers practical issues such as the defining of:
- working time the status of employees as exempt or non-exempt workers payroll deductions and unique problems relating to: contract
- employees and compensation for travel and training time
Some of the topics covered by this seminar include:
- How do employers determine whether an employee is exempt or non-exempt
- How is an employee’s “regular rate” of pay calculated?
- How should overtime be calculated?
- What are “compensable hours” of work?
- How does an employer determine whether a worker is an employee or an independent contractor? (It’s not as easy as you might think!)
- Does the FLSA apply to volunteers and trainees?