Wage and Hour Compliance Program
This detailed training session is geared to human resources, payroll, and administrative employees who oftentimes face novel questions concerning employee compensation. Our half-day program analyzes Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, and covers practical issues such as the defining of:
- working time the status of employees as exempt or non-exempt workers payroll deductions and unique problems relating to: contract
- employees and compensation for travel and training time
Some of the topics covered by this seminar include:
- How do employers determine whether an employee is exempt or non-exempt
- How is an employee’s “regular rate” of pay calculated?
- How should overtime be calculated?
- What are “compensable hours” of work?
- How does an employer determine whether a worker is an employee or an independent contractor? (It’s not as easy as you might think!)
- Does the FLSA apply to volunteers and trainees?